If you’ve ever owned a garage door, you know the frames are exposed in many areas. That leaves them open to a lot of potential for getting worn, warped and dinged. You might think that plastic trim wouldn’t be prone to these types of issues. But given enough time and exposure to the elements, it’s not uncommon. Any homeowner that has had a door can tell you that they’re not exactly small objects; they take up quite a bit of space and are often located in high-traffic areas of your home that see plenty of sun and other elements. That means if your trim is made from wood or metal and is showing significant signs of wear and tear, it may be time to consider hiring an expert to replace garage door trim with PVC pipe instead.
Why is PVC a Good Choice to Replace Garage Door Trim With PVC?
As you’ve learned, PVC has a number of positive attributes that make it a great choice for door trim. But why do the need to replace garage door trim with PVC pipe a good idea? Trim is a part of a door that takes a lot of abuse throughout a year, if not a lifetime. Just from the everyday wear-and-tear of being around cars, kids and pets, doors are susceptible to scuffs, scratches and dings.
The exterior of your house is often the first thing people see when they visit your home, so the condition of your exterior is an important factor in your home’s overall curb appeal. In some cases, worn-out door trim can be an eyesore and lower your property value. Replacing the door trim with PVC is a relatively low-cost option that can make a big difference.
Pros of Replacing Garage Doors with PVC
There are a number of advantages to replacing a door with PVC piping, including
- PVC pipes are cheaper than many other types of door trim. While installing PVC may require a few more tools than other types of trim, PVC is a relatively low-cost option that can make a big difference in the overall look of your home.
- PVC is easy to work with. While installing trim on a door typically requires two individuals, PVC piping is lightweight and can be installed by a single person. That makes it easy for DIY homeowners to install PVC door trim.
- PVC does not require a lot of maintenance. Once installed, PVC trim does not require much upkeep. Since it’s not made of wood, metal or another material that requires regular painting or staining, PVC is a low-maintenance option that keeps maintenance costs low.
Cons of Replace Garage Door Trim with PVC!
- While there are a number of advantages to replacing doors with PVC, there are also a few downsides to consider as well. Cons of replacing doors with PVC include:
- While PVC pipes are cheaper than other types of garage door trim, they’re not free. Depending on the length and size of pipes you purchase, PVC is not a super cheap option.
- PVC is not as attractive as other types of door trim. While PVC is a great choice for durability and weather resistance, it doesn’t look as fancy as a wooden door.
- Because PVC pipes are lightweight, a single person may struggle to lift and install them properly on their own. It’s important to make sure you have the right tools and enough manpower to install PVC pipes correctly.
Call Us to Replace Garage Doors with PVC in Brooklyn, N!
If you’re considering replacing your garage doors with PVC piping, you should speak to a professional like Mr. Garage Door Repairman in Brooklyn, NY, to ensure the installation is done correctly. Selling a home is a major life event, and it’s important that every detail of the home be perfect! If you want to sell your house fast, it’s important to spruce it up. One of the best ways to do this is to replace your old, ugly doors. Another reason to replace them is if the insides are falling apart and need repair. Contact Us to replace garage door trim with PVC. We have technicians and tools to replace garage door trim with PVC. We can also repair garage door extension spring, garage door motor replacement, garage door replacement, and replace springs Brooklyn, NY.
Replace garage door trim with PVC piping is one way to spruce up your home while it’s on the market. It’s important to do your research and find out which type of material is best for your home. There are many different styles, colours, and materials to choose from. It’s important to find the right type of material that meets your needs while also maintaining your budget.